Senior Spotlight – Will Munger

Senior Spotlight

The UGA AdPR Department is proud to feature some of our amazing Spring 2019 AdPR Graduates

Meet Will Munger –

Hometown: Dunwoody, GA

Major: Advertising

Campus Involvement: Over the past four years, I’ve been involved in Talking Dog, Pi Sigma Epsilon, AdClub, and the PAC Certificate Program.

Do you have a job lined up for after graduation?

Yes, I do – I have accepted a position with ADP as an Associate District Manager. I am super excited for this opportunity and I can’t wait to start.

What advice do you have for students wanting to work or intern in this kind of position or at this company?

Since I obtained one of my internships from the AdPR Career Fair, I would definitely suggest attending this event. The experience I gained from that internship was invaluable for landing the job that I will be starting after graduation. I would also suggest really doing your research before the career fair – you need to make a good first impression and being able to speak intelligently about current events related to a company is a great way to do so.

What skills did you learn from your AdPR classes that will help you in your career after UGA? Were there specific classes that stood out to you?

These last four years have taught me a lot about how to critically analyze situations, especially when dealing with stressful situations that may come up in the workplace. Great examples of classes that helped me learn these skills are Crisis Communication, Advanced Public Affairs Communications, and Advertising and Communication Management. I would highly recommend future advertising students look into taking these classes if they’re interested in developing their communication skills, as they have hugely impacted my communication capabilities.

Do have any AdPR Professors that really made a difference in your college experience?

I can honestly say that all of my professors I’ve had in the Advertising Department and PAC Certificate have been incredible. Professor Joseph Watson’s classes specifically stand out to me – I’ve taken three classes with him, and each one has been incredibly interesting, informative and enjoyable. He is a teacher who is truly invested in the success of his students.

What will you miss most about being a student in the AdPR Department?

One of the things I will miss the most about being an AdPR student is the opportunity to listen to various professional speakers and panels. In my time in Grady, I have been lucky enough to attend many different presentations from advertising and PR professionals. Attending these events gave me tons of incredible insights and advice for my career. I am extremely grateful to Grady and the AdPR Department for providing these great opportunities.

The AdPR Department is proud of seniors like Will Munger. We’re excited to keep up with his success after graduation!

Author